Rich in Arts and culture, Kent provides the Art lover with contemporary galleries, world-class theatres, unique museums, thrilling festivals and true freedom of artistic spirit.
1. Turner Contemporary Art Gallery – for something more modern, this building rich in contemporary architecture will be a delight to your artistic senses.
2. Kent Life – Kent Life is an English open-air museum located at Sandling, next to Allington Locks, on the east bank of the River Medway. This heritage farm park makes for a real working farm and farmyard experience. Acquaint yourself with the homes and lifestyles of Kent’s rural past. Don’t forget to cuddle the farm animals and even adopt one and ensure a happy life for your fury friend.
3. Creative Quarter – if art and creativity is your thing, don’t miss a trip to the Creative Quarter which has become home to a thriving collection of artists’ studios and creative energy. The old town of Folkstone has been transformed by this regeneration project, funded largely by the Roger De Haan Charitable Trust. You will be mesmerised by the independent retailers and creative businesses plus there are a number of cafes and restaurants to relax in as you let the creative energy flow through you.
4. Folkestone Harbour Arm – Fancy a walk out to sea? Take an able along this promenade and breathe in the scent of the ocean as you stare out into this world class view. A variety of foods from Greek mezze to hand-stretched sourdough pizzas, and drinks, anything from champagne to gourmet coffee await you.
You will also be treated to live music featuring bands and musicians from Kent
5. Marlowe Theatre – treat yourself to one of the 1200 seats this magnificent theatre houses. In this Modern theatre you will find Shakespeare, musicals and stand-up with a studio for contemporary performances